The Student Leadership Council (SLC) provides guidance regarding student programs and activities within the EBICS Center. The SLC is actively involved in the Center’s operation and assists in organizing seminar series, writing grants, and outreaching to K-12 schools and local museums. Through participation in the SLC, students gain critical leadership, research, communication, and presentation skills.
The primary goals of the SLC are to provide guidance to the Center in the areas of:
- Student career, personal and professional development: communication skills, leadership skills, ethics, IP and patent, and entrepreneurship
- Student enrichment through international experiences
- Student outreach to the K-12 and local community
- Student involvement in knowledge sharing and transfer
- Students engagement in Center research
The SLC is comprised of students with interests in biology, chemistry, engineering, or a related field. The council’s activities are integrated into existing student group activities located on the campuses of the partnering institutions. This ensures that all student groups receive information about the various EBICS student opportunities. SLC activities are centered on 4 major thrusts: research, public engagement, professional development, and seminar series.