Applications are now CLOSED for the Summer 2016 Program
EBICS announces its "Engineering Biological Machines" REU program for the summer of 2016. The REU is a summer research program that will fund undergraduate students assigned to EBICS labs at each primary institution: Georgia Institute of Technology, Massachusetts’s Institute of Technology, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
REU Program Highlights:
- 10 weeks of full time undergraduate research at MIT, UIUC, or Georgia Tech.
- $4500 stipend per student.
- Allowance for travel expenses, on campus housing and meals.
- Grad school prep, faculty mentoring, professional development and social engagement with other students on campus.
- Scientific papers, oral and/or poster presentations at the end of the summer.
Applications will be accepted from any student currently enrolled in a science or engineering undergraduate program (biology, chemistry, physics, materials science, bio-engineering, computer science, and related fields). For the 2016 REU program the application deadline will be February 19th, 2016 11:59pm eastern, after which no changes can be made to applications. We will start to review and consider applications for positions before this date (semi-rolling application) so the earlier you complete your application the better!
Students from underrepresented minority groups, women, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
United States citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Georgia Tech: ‘move-in day’, Sunday, May 22, 2016 through ‘move-out day’, Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology: ‘move-in day’, Saturday, June 4, 2016 through ‘move-out day’, Saturday, August 13, 2016.
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: ‘move-in day’, Sunday, May 22, 2016 through ‘move-out day’, Tuesday, August 2, 2016.